The Beaux Arts Student Artist Showcase is an annual contest open to middle and high school students. Student artwork is featured at the Lowe Art Museum in conjunction with the annual Beaux Arts Festival of Art held on the grounds of the University of Miami. Artwork is judged by an independent panel of judges and all artwork advancing to the finals will be displayed during a reception in the students’ honor on Thursday, January 10th, 2019 and for the duration of the Festival of Art through Sunday, January 13th, 2019. Cash prizes will be awarded for 1st and 2nd place in each of five mediums for both middle and high school entries as well as Best In Show and several Honorable Mentions.
The Beaux Arts Student Artist Showcase is open to all students in 6th to 12th grades in Miami-Dade County.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY
- A digital image of the artwork must be submitted online (.jpg format, maximum file size 2MB)
- Artwork must be titled. Please note, untitled artwork will not be accepted.
- A maximum of five (5) pieces per teacher may be submitted.
- Artwork must be two dimensional and fall into one of the following categories:
Graphics (drawing, pastels, oils sticks, printmaking)
Painting (oils, acrylics, watercolor, brushwork)
- Artwork must be no larger than 18” x 24” and no smaller than 8” x 8” before matting.
- Artwork selected for display must be unframed and white matted.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ENTRY
- Online submissions will be accepted beginning Monday, October 15
- Entries should be submitted via the link here.
- Digital images must be properly named using the following naming convention:
High School entries: HSchool.Category.Title.jpg
Middle School entries: MSchool.Category.Title.jpg
- You will receive an email confirmation of receipt of your entry.
Entries will be judged in early December by an independent panel of judges. Previous years’ judges have included Miami-Dade County Public Schools and University of Miami art specialists, local artists, museum directors, and gallery
owners. Judging will take place as follows:
- A panel of three to five Judges will anonymously score the digital entries.
- Middle school and high school entries will be judged separately.
- Scores will be tallied in each category and the highest-scoring artwork will be accepted in the show.
- The physical artwork will then be examined within each category to determine award winners.
For additional questions or information regarding the Student Artist Showcase, please feel free to contact the Beaux Arts Festival of Art Student Artist Showcase at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations to our 2018 winners!